Saturday, December 8, 2007

Prague 12/1/07: National Theater and Old Town Hall

The National Theater (Narodni Divadlo) is usually open only for performances, but luckily today they were giving FREE guided tours. In Czech! But it didn't matter because the place was fabu. Red velvet, gilt scrolled woodwork, chandeliers. Yum! We don't have theaters this magnificent in America. The curtain has a great painting on it.

























Even the side galleries and lobbies were heavily decorated.
































Later we wandered over to the Old Town Hall, where you can ascend to the viewing deck. A scary Italian guy and his cronies kept crushing up against me; his hand was brushing me and I noticed his sleeve over my fanny pack (yes, I admit to wearing a fanny pack). He kept smiling at me in a friendly way and I kept trying to get away from him, but it was very crowded on the platform. Luckily he didn't get my wallet. Be careful in crowds! Prague is a big pickpocket city.

The views were gorgeous:


No comments: